Last Updated: January 1, 2017
THE TERMS INCLUDE A CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND REQUIRE BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS.
APPLE IS NOT A SPONSOR NOR IS INVOLVED IN ANY WAY IN GAMERFAME TOURNAMENTS. GAMERFAME IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING WINNINGS. THE WINNINGS ARE NOT APPLE PRODUCTS, NOR ARE THEY RELATED TO APPLE IN ANY WAY. THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ORGANIZING THE TOURNAMENTS AND DISTRIBUTING WINNINGS ARE GAMERFAME’S RESPONSIBILITIES.
Certain features of the Service may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Service in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms. In the event of a conflict between the additional terms and any provision in these Terms, the additional terms will prevail, but only with respect to the Service to which the additional terms apply.
These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any). We will notify you of any changes to our Terms by posting the new Terms here: www,playgamerfame.com/terms. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you (if applicable). These changes will be effective immediately for new users of the Service. Continued use of the Service following notice of such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes. PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK www.playgamerfame.com/terms TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS.
- United States (U.S.). To be eligible to register an Account, to participate in any Competition or receive Services, and/or to download Software, you must: (a) be a natural person who is at least 18 years of age or older, and who is personally assigned to the email address submitted during your Account registration; (b) have the power to enter into a contract with GamerFame; (c) be physically located within the U.S. when accessing your Account and participating in Competitions; (d) be physically located within a U.S. state in which participation in the Competition you select is unrestricted by that state’s laws; and (e) at all times abide by these Terms. If any one of these requirements is not met at any time, we may suspend or close your Account with or without notice.
- Non-U.S. To be eligible to register an Account, to participate in any Competition or receive Services, and/or to download Software, you must: (a) be a natural person who is at least 18 years of age or older, and who is personally assigned to the email address submitted during your Account registration; (b) have the power to enter into a contract with GamerFame; (c) be physically located in a jurisdiction in which participation in the Competition you select is permitted and unrestricted by that state or country’s laws; and (d) at all times abide by these Terms. If any one of these requirements is not met at any time, we may suspend or close your Account with or without notice.
- Registration. When you create an Account, you will be asked for a legitimate email address that you control and to create a password. After registration, you will be given the opportunity to create a username or accept a username given by the Services. The password and username are needed to participate in the Services. As a registered user, you can update your account settings, including your email address, by logging into your GamerFame Account inside any GamerFame enabled game and clicking “Account Settings”. Also, if you forget either your password or username, you can visit the Website or email us for help. Please keep your username and password secret because you are responsible for all activity taken through your Account. Although we may offer a feature that allows you to “save” or “remember” your password, this feature makes it possible for third parties to access your Account, so please use that feature prudently because such use is at your own risk. We may, in our sole discretion, reject, change, suspend and/or terminate your username.
- Your Account. You, as the holder of your Account, are solely responsible for complying with these Terms, and only you are entitled to all benefits accruing thereto. You may not allow any other person to (i) access your Account; (ii) access Services or Software through your Account; or (iii) accept or use prizes, winnings and other representative of value (including without limitation digital fame), virtual currency or virtual goods) (collectively “Winnings”). Neither your Account nor Winnings nor any Digital Assets are transferable to any other person or account. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or identification or any other breach or threatened breach of our security or the security of your Account.
- Personal Location Data. As a part of this service, we collect location information from your device. If you would like to opt out of having this information collected, you can disable location access to any GamerFame game through the Settings menu on your mobile device.
- Use of Information Collected. By upgrading an account and providing an email address, users authorize GamerFame to provide them with important announcements, relevant promotions, and other related communications. Users will always have the opportunity to opt out of these communications at any time.
- Employee Policy. GamerFame employees may use the Services and/or Software for the purpose of testing the user experience, but may not withdraw money. GamerFame directors, contractors, affiliates, or partners may use the Website, Services and/or Software without such limitation, but only if they do not have any access to non-public information relating to the Services and/or Software that would lead to any advantage in their play using the Services and/or Software.
- Rules: You agree to comply with all rules established by GamerFame with respect to Games played through the Service. Such rules will be posted at: playgamerfame.com/rules
Account Creation: In order to use certain features of the App or Services, you must register for an account (“Account”) by registering with GamerFame. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You agree not to create an Account or use the App or Services if you have been previously removed by us or banned from any of the Services. You represent that you are (a) at least eighteen (18) years old; (b) of legal age to form a binding contract; (c) not a person barred from using the App or Services under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction, and a resident of any place other than: AZ, AR, CT, DE, FL, IL, LA, MD, MT, SC, SD, and TN. Additionally, cash gameplay is currently not available in ME and IN if playing cards are involved. In order to play for cash, your device location settings must be enabled to ensure eligibility.
- You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. GamerFame reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate your Account and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the App or Services (or any portion thereof) at any time for any reason. You agree that neither GamerFame nor its suppliers or licensors will be liable to you or to any third party for any suspension or termination of your Account or any refusal of any use of the App or Services (or any portion thereof). GamerFame reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any content that you provide and/or upload to the App or Services at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, information you provide for your user profile.
- Account Responsibilities: You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the terms and conditions.
- Necessary Equipment and Software: You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Service, including but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use the App. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing GamerFame.
- Social Networking Sites: We created interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites, such as Facebook (each an “SNS”), through the By connecting your SNS account, you represent that you are entitled to grant us access to your SNS account without breach by you of any SNS terms and conditions and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations. By granting us access to your SNS account, you understand that we may access, make available, and store any information, content, or other materials that you have provided to or stored in your SNS account (“SNS Content”) accessible through the Service so that it is available on your Account. Unless otherwise specified in the Terms, all SNS Content will be deemed your User Content for all purposes of the Terms. Depending on the SNS account you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such SNS account, personally identifiable information that you post to your SNS account may be available on and through your Account on the Service. Please note that if a SNS account or associated service becomes unavailable or the Services’ access to such SNS account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through the Service. You can revoke our access to any SNS at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH SNS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH SNS, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO US BY AN SNS IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN THE SNS. GamerFame makes no effort to review any SNS Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or noninfringement, and we will not be responsible for any SNS Content.
- Subject to these Terms, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access, solely for your own personal, noncommercial use (a) the App on any compatible device that you own or control, and (b) the other aspects of the Service. Furthermore, with respect to any App accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or any similar store or marketplace (each an “App Store” and references to the App Store include the corporate entity and its subsidiaries making the App Store available to you), you agree to comply with all applicable third party terms of the App Store (the “Usage Rules”) when using the App. To the extent the terms of these Terms provide for usage rules that are less restrictive than or otherwise in conflict with the Usage Rules, the more restrictive term applies.
- Location-Based Information: When you use the Service on a mobile device, we may also collect location information from the GPS functionality on your device. You hereby authorize us and the Service to take such actions and access such data. You can grant or revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings on your device. You hereby authorize the Service to access such components of your mobile device and profile.
- App Stores: You acknowledge and agree that the availability of the App and the Service is dependent on the third party from whom you received the App license, e.g., the App Store. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and us and not with the App Store. We, not the App Store, are solely responsible for the App and Service, the content thereof, maintenance, support services, and warranty therefor, and addressing any claims relating thereto (e.g., product liability, legal compliance or intellectual property infringement). In order to use the App, you must have access to a wireless network, and you agree to pay all fees associated with such access. You also agree to pay all fees (if any) charged by the App Store in connection with the App or Service. You agree to comply with, and your license to use the App is conditioned upon your compliance with, all applicable third-party terms of agreement (e.g., the App Store’s terms and policies) when using the App or Service. You acknowledge that the App Store (and its subsidiaries) are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms and will have the right to enforce the terms and conditions.
- Accessing and Download the App from iTunes: The following applies to any App accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (an “App Store Sourced Application”):
- You acknowledge and agree that (i) these Terms are concluded between you and us only, and not Apple, and (ii) we, not Apple, are solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and content thereof. Your use of the App Store Sourced Application must comply with the App Store Terms of Service.
- In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the App Store Sourced Application to you and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between us and Apple, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be our sole discretion.
- You and we acknowledge that, as between us and Apple, Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar protocols.
- You and we acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of that App Store Sourced Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between us and Apple, we, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by the law.
- You and we acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of the Terms as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Terms as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application against you as a third-party beneficiary.
- Without limiting any other terms of the Terms, you must comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced applications.
- Certain Restrictions: The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you will not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Service, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Service; (b) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark or logo or other portion of the Service (including images, text, page layout or form); (c) you will not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using our name or trademarks; (d) you will not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Service except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you will not access the Service in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service; (f) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Service may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; and (g) you will not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the Service (or on any content displayed on the Service). Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Service will be subject to these Terms. We make no representation that the Service is appropriate for use in locations other than the United States and specified locations.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Service or any part thereof.
- No Support or Maintenance; Updates: You acknowledge and agree that we will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Service. You agree that we are not obligated to create or provide any corrections, updates, upgrades, bug fixes, and/or enhancements of the Service (each an “Update”). However, in the event we offer an Update, you agree that we may amend these Terms in connection with such Update without specific notice to you and that your use of the Service following such Update is conditioned upon your acceptance of any revised Terms. By using the Service following an Update, you are representing that you have reviewed the then-current version of these Terms and agree to be bound by the updated agreement.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WE, NOR OUR SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL), OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, THE WEBSITE, OR ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE MADE AVAILABLE OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU, WHETHER BASED ON A CLAIM OR ACTION OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE OR OUR THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LIABILITY.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THESE TERMS SHALL NOT EXCEED U.S. $50.00. THE EXISTENCE OF ONE OR MORE CLAIMS BY YOU WILL NOT INCREASE OUR LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO OUR PRODUCTS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES.
- Certain jurisdictions do not allow limitations of liability for incidental, consequential or certain other types of damages; as such, the limitations and exclusions set forth in this Section may not apply to you.
- Excluding any User Content that you may provide, you acknowledge and agree that (a) the Service is and will remain the sole property of us and our suppliers and licensors and are subject to protection under U.S. and foreign copyright laws and (b) all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Service and content made available through the Service are owned by us and our suppliers and licensors. Our name, logo, and the product names associated with the Service belong to us or our suppliers or licensors, and no right or license is granted to use them by implication, estoppel or otherwise. Neither these Terms nor your access to the Service transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth. We and our suppliers and licensors reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
- You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, and/or proposals to us (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that we have no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to us a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner we deem appropriate, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights. We will treat any Feedback you provide to us as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit and Feedback that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
- User Content: “User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to, or uses with, the Service. You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content. You understand that we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your User Content. You represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy. You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by us. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content, you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. We are not obligated to backup any User Content, and your User Content may be deleted at any time without prior notice. You are solely responsible for creating and maintaining your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire. We will not be liable for the deletion or accuracy of any User Content; the failure to store, transmit, or receive transmission of User Content; or the security, privacy, storage, or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of the Service. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen User Content, although we reserve the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any User Content at any time for any reason. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ONLY PROVIDE INFORMATION TO THE SERVICES THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PROVIDE WITHOUT VIOLATING ANY OBLIGATIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE TOWARDS A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING ANY CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS. PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SHARE WITH OTHERS.
- We do not claim any ownership of your User Content. By making available your User Content on or in the Service, you represent that you own or have all rights necessary to make available your User Content to us.
- You hereby grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable license to license, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use your User Content (in whole or in part) for the purposes of including your User Content in the Service and operating, providing and promoting the Service. You agree to irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
- Acceptable Use Policy: The following terms constitute our “Acceptable Use Policy”:
- You agree not to use (i) take any action or (ii) make available any User Content on or through the Service that: (A) violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (B) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, harmful, defamatory, trade libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, false, intentionally misleading, tortious, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature or which is harmful to minors in any way; or (C) in violation of any laws, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Service any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) use the Service to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Service, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Service or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the Service (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Service for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters set forth in our txt file).
- We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any User Content, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your Account, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners, suppliers and licensors (each a “GamerFame Party” and collectively the “GamerFame Parties”) harmless from any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your: (a) use of, or inability to use, the Service; (b) violation of these Terms; (c) violation of applicable laws or regulations; (d) User Content; or (e) violation of any rights of another party. A GamerFame Party reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify such GamerFame Party, and you agree to cooperate with the defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of the applicable GamerFame Party. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Third-Party Links & Ads; Release
- Third-Party Links & Ads: The Service may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/or display advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Links & Ads”). Such Third-Party Links & Ads are not under our control, and we will not be liable for any Third-Party Links & Ads. We provide access to these Third-Party Links & Ads only as a convenience to you, and we do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk, and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Links.
- You hereby release and forever discharge the GamerFame Parties from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Service (including any Third-Party Links & Ads). IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND THE GAMERFAME PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE GAMERFAME PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE MAY UTILIZE THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS TO PERFORM TASKS, AND THAT WE HAVE NO CONTROL OR ABILITY TO CONTROL SUCH THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. ACCORDINGLY, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO SUCH THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
IN ADDITION, YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE TASK AND WE DO NOT WARRANT ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED BY US ON YOUR BEHALF.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE GAMERFAME PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PROPRIETARY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE GAMERFAME PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE GAMERFAME PARTIES’ LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US IN THE PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTHS AND (B) FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS (U.S. $50.00). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER OUR SUPPLIERS NOR OUR LICENSORS WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT) ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS.
IF YOU BECOME DISSATISFIED IN ANY WAY WITH THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU.
Fees And Purchase Terms
- You agree to pay all fees or charges to your Account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. Such fees and charges include the fee for your subscription to the Service as well as the charges for any items you have us purchase on your behalf through the Service. Except as otherwise described herein or in our billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable, all fees are nonrefundable.
- GamerFame Fee; Joining the Service, creating an Account and connecting with other users is free. GamerFame does, however, charge a percentage of the tournament entry fee for each Game played through the Service (the “GamerFame Fee”). The current GamerFame Fees can be found on our fee schedule located here: www.playgamerfame.com/rules which we may change from time to time.
- Refund Policy: All deposits are final and no refunds are allowed.
- Third Party Payment Services Provider: We use as a third party payment service provider for payment services (e.g., credit card transaction processing, merchant settlement, and related services). You consent to provide and authorize us and such third party payment service provider to share any information and payment instructions you provide to the extent required to complete the payment transactions in accordance with these Terms, including personal, financial, credit card payment, and transaction information.
- Payment Information: All payment information that you provide in connection with the Service must be accurate, current and complete. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY PAYMENT MEANS USED TO PAY ANY FEE OR CHARGE HEREUNDER. We reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on the Service or by e-mail delivery to registered users.
- You will be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your payments hereunder and will indemnify and hold harmless us from any and all taxes, including sales tax, based on any payments made or received by you in connection with the Service. Any taxes imposed on payments will be your sole responsibility. Upon our request, you will provide us with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or other such evidence that you have paid all applicable taxes.
- Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service. You may terminate your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Service or uninstalling the App. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Service (including your Account) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Service in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Service will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your User Content associated with your Account from our live databases. We will not be liable to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your Account or deletion of your User Content. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, all provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive, will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of rights.
The security of your account relies on your protection of your password and mobile device. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password and mobile device. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You may not share your password or the Application with anyone. We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on the Application interface.
Any email or other communication requesting your password or asking you to provide sensitive account information via email should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately at email@example.com. If you do share your password or your mobile device with a third party for any reason, the third party will have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately. If you believe that an unauthorized access has already occurred please report it immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may have access to your password and may use such password to access your account for debugging, quality assurance, or other internal purposes.